This Limited Product Warranty covers the STEK windshield protection film WINDSHIELD effect.
This Limited Warranty is valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
This Limited Warranty covers the replacement of WINDSHIELD effect for any manufacturing defects. This Warranty is subject to the limitations and exclusions set forth therein.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidents, misapplication, normal wear and tear, dents from road debris impact, collisions, and/or intentional damage of any kind. To file a claim, contact the original installer/dealer first. If unable to do so, contact STEK using the website www.stekautomotive.com, or www.stek-usa.com if in the United States. You must retain a copy of this warranty and proof of purchase identifying the name of the original installer/dealer, purchase price, product (e.g., WINDSHIELD effect), and coverage areas. These documents are needed to process your claim. Some installers may choose to offer, on their own behalf, different or additional warranties or remedies, beyond the limited warranty and limited remedy offered by STEK. STEK does not cover the Product installed on areas that are not the windshield and is not responsible for any resulting damages or fines.
For valid claims, an authorized STEK installer shall remove the defective film and reapply new product(s) to areas determined by STEK to be covered by the warranty.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR OF PERFORMANCE, CUSTOM OR USAGE OF TRADE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY TIME PERIOD.
Note that some state laws do not permit limitations on the length of an implied warranty. In this case, the limitation above may not apply. This Limited Warranty applies to all STEK Automotive WINDSHIELD effect Products that have been professionally installed by an authorized installer. STEK Automotive and the Authorized Automotive Film Dealer (collectively referred to as “The Seller” herein) affirm that this warranty applies as long as the submitter of the claim holds ownership of the vehicle in question.
Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase of WINDSHIELD effect and ends one (1) year after date of purchase. This warranty terminates upon the removal of WINDSHIELD effect from the windshield for any reason. This warranty also terminates upon any sale of the vehicle and is not transferable.
The manufacturer’s warranty covers only:
1. Adhesion failure,
5. delamination due to manufacturing defect during installation, and
6. other manufacturing defects at the discretion of STEKexcept for exclusions listed below (Please see “NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY”).
If the film is found to be defective, a claim must be accomplished using STEK’s set guidelines. Please refer to the claim guidelines. In the event that the product is found to be defective under this warranty, The Seller shall replace the quantity of film that has been proven to be defective. At The Seller’s discretion, The Seller shall also provide the labor of reapplication free of charge during the warranty period. The manufacturer (STEK) DOES NOT cover this labor.
The warranty is void if the product has been subjected to abuse, improper care, or uncontrollable circumstances. STEK Automotive is not liable for any losses, damages, or expenses resulting from any one or more of the following:
1. Sandstorms, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, or any other weather condition; or
2. Improper product care, maintenance, or cleaning; or
3. Scratches caused by windshield wipers; or
4. Product abuse, normal wear, accident, collision, negligence, misuse, abuse, neglect, mishandling, alteration, maladjustment, modification, customization, alteration or vandalism; or
5. Glass breakage, pre-existing damage, or intentional damage to the windshield; or
6. Non-automotive applications and/or noncompliant film usage; or
7. Chemicals and caustic materials (including cleaners with solvents, such as IPA, or other corrosive materials) or cleaning or scrubbing the product on the windshield with abrasive material; or
8. Falling objects; or
9. Fraudulent claims related to the film; or
10. Cosmetic damages to the film; or
11. Products not supplied by us, service by anyone other than us or an installer approved by us, misapplication, faulty installation, or any installer action or inaction; or
12. Peeling and/or film damage from heat forming during installation; or
13. Delamination and/or adhesive residue left during film removal; or
14. Any other acts, occurrences, defects, faults, damages not caused by STEK Automotive, or if the product is altered or has any labels damaged or tampered.
The product is to be used in compliance with all applicable local laws, statutes, rules, regulations, and ordinances (“Laws”) of the applicable country, state, province, or local jurisdiction.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH SUCH LAWS VOIDS THE WARRANTY. IT IS THE VEHICLE OWNER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. RETAIN THIS WARRANTY CARD, AS IT MUST BE PRESENTED ALONG WITH YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE TO A PARTICIPATING STEK AUTHORIZED AUTOMOTIVE WINDSHIELD FILM DEALER TO RECEIVE.
The availability and services of this warranty may vary according to country, state, or province, depending on Laws pertaining to windshield films. This warranty covers the application of STEK windshield films only. The Seller reserves the right to test any films serviced under the warranty. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HOLD OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY ACCORDING TO COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE. This warranty card, the original invoice/receipt from the installer/dealer, and the dealer’s invoice number are required to process any and all warranty claims.DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE IF THE WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILM YELLOWS, CRACKS, BUBBLES, PEELS, OR OTHERWISE IMPAIRS THE CLARITY OF THE TRANSPARENT PRODUCT. OPERATION OF YOUR VEHICLE UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE OR INJURY TO YOU, YOUR VEHICLE OR OTHER PERSONS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE OR INJURIES CAUSED BY OPERATION OF YOUR VEHICLE UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS. THE PRODUCT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE WINDSHIELD IMMEDIATELY IF ANY OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED PHYSICAL CONDITIONS OF THE WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILM EXIST. ANY PRODUCT REMOVED MUST BE MAINTAINED FOR PROOF OF LOSS THEREAFTER.
The availability and services of this warranty may vary according to country, state, or province, depending on Laws pertaining to windshield films. This warranty covers the application of STEK windshield films only. The Seller reserves the right to test any films serviced under the warranty.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HOLD OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY ACCORDING TO COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE. This warranty card, the original invoice/receipt from the installer/dealer, and the dealer’s invoice number are required to process any and all warranty claims.
DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE IF THE WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILM YELLOWS, CRACKS, BUBBLES, PEELS, OR OTHERWISE IMPAIRS THE CLARITY OF THE TRANSPARENT PRODUCT. OPERATION OF YOUR VEHICLE UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE OR INJURY TO YOU, YOUR VEHICLE OR OTHER PERSONS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE OR INJURIES CAUSED BY OPERATION OF YOUR VEHICLE UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS. THE PRODUCT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE WINDSHIELD IMMEDIATELY IF ANY OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED PHYSICAL CONDITIONS OF THE WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILM EXIST. ANY PRODUCT REMOVED MUST BE MAINTAINED FOR PROOF OF LOSS THEREAFTER.
The slip solution used during the installation of STEK Automotive windshield films may require a drying time. This period may lengthen in cold or non-sunny weather, and shorten in warm weather or with direct sun exposure. You may notice small water beads and a slightly cloudy appearance as the film dries. As the film will dry completely in due course, a slow drying time is not a cause for concern. After installation, do not release the car during rain conditions.
DO NOT OPERATE YOUR WINDSHIELD WIPERS UNTIL THE FILM IS COMPLETELY DRY.
1. Install new silicone-type or silicon-coated windshield wipers.
2. Ensure that the film is completely dry and cured before using the windshield wipers.
3. Clean the surface with CURE or FUSION immediately after installation.
To maximize the life of the STEK Automotive windshield film, follow these instructions for proper care and maintenance.
1. Apply a CURE coating on the windshield once per month after installation.
2. Clean the film surface with FUSION at least once per week.
3. Always use clean, soft materials to wash and dry the film surface.
4. Do not clean the film in dry conditions. Please use washing solutions when cleaning.
5. The film may be cleaned with most conventional washing solutions. Avoid ammonia-based window-cleaning products. Do not use solutions containing corrosives or solvents.
6. Use a soft cloth (microfiber recommended) or clean synthetic sponge to wash the film surface. For subsequent drying, a clean, soft cloth or soft rubber squeegee is recommended.
7. Keep the film surface clean at all times, especially after exposure to rain, snow, or other weather-related conditions.
8. Remove ice and snow buildup on the film surface before operating the windshield wipers. Exercise caution when using ice scrapers or snow brushes, as they may scratch the film.
9. Replace silicone-type or silicone-coated windshield wipers as needed.
10. Mix CURE with the washer fluid at a ratio of 2:100 or 3:100 (100 being the washer fluid) in the washer fluid tank. Standard alcohol-based windshield fluids are acceptable.
11. Do not operate windshield wipers in dry conditions.
DO NOT CLEAN THE FILM FOR AT LEAST SEVEN (7) DAYS FOLLOWING INSTALLATION.
Drying time may vary depending on your local temperature, humidity, and other weathercondtions. Please check with your installer for your film’s suitable drying time.